Saturday, April 25, 2009

EEEK!!! SPIDER!

I need to play a little catch up. I am going to try and start posting some old stuff along with the new. I am trying to be a better blogger. You never know I might even tackle facebook. Whoa! Anyway, this is a picture of the spider we found in one of the window wells. This one is actually the small one. A couple days before I found one just like this but a lot bigger IN MY GARAGE!!!! I swear the abdomen on it was at least a good 2 inches. The leg spread had to of been 5-6 inches. It was scary! That's what you get when you live close to a field. Needless to say that they are dead and I had nightmares about them. A few of the neighbors told me they were hobo spiders which are very poisonous. I researched this online and found that people mistake regular Wolfe spiders for Hobo all the time. Granted that a Hobo is in the Wolfe family, but here in the U.S.A the regular Wolfe spider can get this big. Also, the bigger they are the less poisonous they are. I hope to not get a visit from one of these again this summer! Everyone has also reported that they only find them outside. That is comforting given that my nightmares were about them being in my home an crawling on me. I think I would have a serious panic attack at that point. Lucky for me Brandon Ellis was visiting and the spider in the garage was right by his foot, so he killed it! (CRUNCH!!!) and this small on my brave husband took care of with the neighbors 5 iron that they leave on the side of their house very conveniently.

2 comments:

Quader's said...

Oh sick!!!! I am not a bug girl that is for sure, if the sheets hit me the wrong way I will freak in bed and turn on the lights checking for bugs!! I could of very well passed out with this spider! Here we live next to the green belt and get lovely visitors this time of year... ROACHES!!!! ugh I have a 3in scare on my leg from a roach so needless to say I don't like them at all.

Brandi said...

That is just plain nasty!!!